Holy crap!

Thursday, July 2, 2009
It has been a longgggggggggggggggg ass time since I updated this thing! :| It's because my makeup routine has been basically just MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and Maybelline's Pulse Perfection mascara. I have no motivation to put on e/s nowadays - I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!

So, I'm hearing ALL these raves about Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation so for the past 3 weeks, I've been on a mission trying to find my shade! I've been through at least 5 different bottles AND NONE OF THEM FIT ME RIGHT! I guess I've gotten darker since summer started. I had to mix two shades (Sand Beige and Natural Tan) to get something close to the shade I am. HOWEVER, I noticed that one of the shades is the normal/dry formula and the other is the oily/combo formula. I'm scared to mix formulas so I have to once again go back and pick up the lighter shade in the normal/dry formula! Sighhh* So much money spent trying to find my perfect shade BUT IT'SO WORTH IT because I absolutely LOVE this liquid foundation. It applies like a dream with my Studio Tools Duo Fiber brush and doesn't break me out like MAC Studio Fix.

OH, speaking of MAC Studio Fix! I never told you girls what happened, huh? WELL, before I even bought my SF, I read reviews and it seemed like half of the girls that reviewed it broke out due to their SF. I really liked the coverage it gave me so I went ahead and bought it anyways, hoping to be one of the lucky ones that doesn't break out from it. MY HOPES WERE SHATTERED WHEN I STARTED TO NOTICE HUGE ASS PIMPLES ON MY HAIRLINE! D: I was like OHNOOOO! So yeah, now I'm in the middle of salvaging my skin. :|

Btw, I'm also in the process of looking for a good facial cleanser. My current one is for acne and once my acne has cleared up, I believe I'll need a regular facial cleanser for everyday use. I also want a recommendation for a good night cream as well :) So if you girls already have your HG facial cleanser and night cream, LET ME KNOWWWWW! =)

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I was told to try natrual soap. Have you try that? I have not as still using other foam

Sherry said...

HG is what?

Denysia said...

I use Kiehl's foaming facial cleanser, and cucumber herbal toner, their moisturizer, and their creamy eye treatment. I love their stuff, it doesn't cause me to break out at all, i think it actually helps, because I've seen less acne since using it! You should try it out! :)

ectini said...

Practically ANYTHING Neutrogena works wonders for me (: I lovelovelove their Deep Clean gentle scrub. Also, at one point I was breaking out a lot and my complexion was like UGH. So I got Burt's Bees wild lettuce complexion soap and it made my skin pimple free and glowing in literally... a week (:

lindah said...

UGH! I'm stupid. I just typed up a bunch of crap and then deleted it! O_O *hits myself on the head* but I forgot what I said but I remember what I was going to say... CVS has a great return policy :D I recommend going to two different ones and returning back and forth lol! I read in a magazine they'll take it back the stuff even if it's opened :) Hopefully that helps!