Review: ELF Complexion Perfection

Sunday, July 26, 2009
Here you are, ladies! This is what many of you have been asking for! :) My review on the ELF's Complexion Perfection.

What the website says: Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out the skin tone and absorbs excess oil. The sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin.

Website's directions: Blend the powder over the entire face to brighten and even out the skin tone as well as neutralize any redness.

Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Boron Nitride.

Price: $3.00USD

My thoughts: All of the reviews I've read about this products says it's almost HG status. For me, it's just an alright product. Sure, it does somewhat brighten up my face however if you use TOO much, it really gives you a sort of white cast over your face. Maybe I'm just heavy handed, but I always end up just looking somewhat washed out. The green shade to conceal redness is nothing special. It doesn't cover all of the redness around my nose area. Another thing, it's veryyyyyyyyy messy. ONE swipe with my brush and there's powder everywhere. For the price, it's a good purchase if you are light handed and know how to apply it properly. I guess I'm the odd one out on this product. *Shrug. So, will I buy it again? Not really. Anyone want to buy it off of me? LOL.


P.S. Just a little side note, I just bought Missha's BB cream :D I'm so excited to receive it and give it a try!

12 comments:

KRYSTAL said...

woOo! thanks for the review. good thing it was out of stock, i was about to get it! haha

amynaree said...

nice review! was curious about this too..it looked promising :)

Edna said...

uh oh :( sorry it didn't work out for you. oooo! lemme know how you like Missha's BB cream!

Dana Yoshimizu said...

I debated about this one and didn't get it, & I'm glad that I decided not to

Iyah Love said...

Great review!!! :)

ectini said...

Lol I agree with you allll the way xD It's hard to apply so little cus then you feel like there's nothing there! And then I put too much and look white xD

Marie. said...

I found out you have to swirl your brush in it. I dont really know how I feel about this product just yet...

Chrissy said...

I've wanted to try this but I wasn't so sure about it. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Rai said...

Nice review! I was never curious to try this product, just the bronzer. lol

Lorie said...

I was supposed to get this in my order, but it was sold out. For some reason they sent me my order twice. Ugh! Guess I'm set for lashes for a long time! Wish I would've purchased those nail polishes though, they're gorgeous!

Becks said...

oo nice review!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your thoughts!

OoOo can't wait to hear how Missha's BB cream is for you! I've had my eye on it but I wasn't too sure if I should try it or not. :S